Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County Foundation, unless otherwise specified. All rights reserved in all media. Subject to the limitations described in the Copyright Note below. Permission is granted to researchers and educators to make a copies of the Website's contents for educational purposes that generate no revenue. No other publication, copying, electronic transmission, use, or reproduction is permitted without advance written permission.
This Website was designed and produced by the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County Foundation which holds the copyright to the Website, the Webpages in the Website, and most of the material reproduced in the Webpages. Certain of the Webpages contain material reproduced from other sources. Although the Natural History Museum makes reasonable efforts to identify within its Webpages the copyright holder of material reproduced from other sources, determination of the copyright for material reproduced on the Website is the responsibility of the user. The Natural History Foundation does not provide contact information for other copyright-holders
The Natural History Foundation encourages educational and research use of its material so long as the educational or research use does not generate revenue. Educators are granted permission to make multiple printed copies of Website resources created by the Natural History Museum for classroom use and others are granted permission to make a single printed copy of Website resources created by the Natural History Museum for individual research purposes.
Every commercial or revenue-producing use of Website material created by the Natural History Museum, whether or not for educational or research purposes, requires advance written permission of the Natural History Foundation. Every electronic reproduction (reproduction in any form that does not produce a hard copy print out) of Website material created by the Natural History Museum, whether or not for educational or research purposes, also requires advance written approval of the Natural History Foundation.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. NHM is strongly committed to avoiding infringement on the copyrights of others. If you or any user of this site believes its copyright, trademark or other property rights have been infringed by a posting on this site, you or the user should send notification to our Designated Agent (as identified below) immediately.
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C.A. Sec. 512(c), notice of claims of copyright infringement should be sent to our Designated Agent. Our Designated Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is the webmaster, who can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be effective, your notification must include:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed’
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be subject to infringing activity and that is to be removed and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the materials;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringing.
Service of repeat infringers of copyright or of users about whom repeat claims of copyright infringement are received will be terminated.
You acknowledge and agree that upon receipt of a notice of a claim of copyright infringement, we may immediately remove the identified materials from our site without liability to you or any other party and that the claims of the complaining party and the party that originally posted the materials will be referred to the United States Copyright Office for adjudication as provided in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.